Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Sepia Day














I went out looking around took a few (hundred) pictures...what a shocker, huh? This is what the world looked like through my eyes.

* I went down an alley and thought the Mosque tower looked cool from down in between the buildings.
* The doorway is an average one for going into public buildings, but I love the detail.
* Everyone in the apartment areas hang their laundry right out their windows to dry, it's quite a site to see the entire side of a building covered in all kinds of people's clothes.
* I saw these mops just resting on a stairway as I walked by, and they reminded me of the Magician's Apprentice from Fantasia...I expected to see Mickey Mouse running to catch them at any moment.
* Windtowers are used here to get cool air into the homes. The wind hits these towers and it gets funnelled down a few stories and into the house. Very interesting engineering.

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I liked taking them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SEEING YOUR PICS!!! Keep at it and I will expect to see many more when you return on Snapfish or something...what fun!!